What Is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a fundraising program that has a great benefit for you - it saves you money on tuition. All you have to do is buy SCRIP gift cards for stores where you already shop.
How Does It Work?
When you buy a gift card at face value through SCRIP, a percentage rebate is automatically credited to your tuition. The percentage varies by store; please refer to the SCRIP Rebates page to see rebate amounts. Three quarters (75%) of the rebate is credited toward your tuition and the remaining one quarter (25%) goes to support our parish. SCRIP rebates are credited toward tuition quarterly (for those who pay tuition monthly) or annually (for those who pay tuition yearly).
Where and When Can I Buy SCRIP?
SCRIP can be purchased:
- Sundays after 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM mass (Ryan Hall)
- Wednesdays from 2:45-3:15 PM (gym - during the school year)
- Fridays from 8 AM to 9AM (school office - during the school year)
- Wednesdays from 9 AM to 10 AM (school office - during summer)
How Much Can I Save?
The amount you save depends on your purchases. But even when applied to normal monthly shopping, the savings on tuition can be quite significant.
What Stores Are Available?
Many store gift cards are available in our regular inventory - so you get them immediately. Others can be ordered and delivered within one week. Take a look at the SCRIP Order Form to see stores we normally keep in our inventory. You can also view a full list of available vendors at Great Lakes Scrip Center.
Can My SCRIP Balance Be Forwarded to High School?
Yes! Families of HGS graduates who attend a parochial high school or a religiously affiliated college can continue purchasing SCRIP at Holy Ghost and have their balance forwarded to the new school. Please note that unapplied SCRIP rebate balances of families who leave HGS prior to graduation are released to the General School Fund.